Edinburgh web site design
DECEMBER14 builds affordable, stylish and easy-to-use web sites designed to reach and engage our clients’ target audiences.
Our small but perfectly formed web design studio is based in Edinburgh, Scotland, and serves contented customers thoughout the UK and abroad.
We specialise in making fast, informative, user-centred web sites for commercial and public sector bodies, and we are pleased to work with clients large or small.
New name, same face
From 1999 to 2006, we were Campanile Communications. Now, we’re DECEMBER14. Same people, same value-for-money service — just a new moniker.
Let us tell you a bit about our web design services and web design features, show you a few examples of our web design work, list some of our clients, and give you a taste for our accessible, standards compliant web design approach. If you have a web project in mind, please contact us to find out how we can help.
Web design services
- Bespoke web site design. We design and build clean, uncluttered, elegant web sites with simple, intuitive navigation and logical information structures — sites that look good, and make sense.
- Makeovers & redesigns. Do you feel that your current site looks tired and dated? From some light freshening up through to a complete head-to-toe redesign, we’ll be happy to revitalise it.
- Code optimisation. We’ll replace your site’s old table-based layouts and bloated HTML with lean, semantic code. Pages will load faster and save you bandwidth. Your web site will be more accessible, search engines will love it, and it will be easier to maintain.
- Web site reviews & audits. How accessible is your site to disabled visitors? Is it “search engine friendly”? How easy is it for your customers to use? Our report will provide the answers and recommend worthwhile improvements.
- UK based web hosting. We offer inexpensive virtual hosting on fast, robust, professional grade web servers running on a Tier 1 network: featuring 99.9% server uptime, POP3 email services, and domain name registration.
Web design features
- Standards compliance guaranteed. We validate our work to make sure our code complies with W3C standards for HTML & CSS, and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Compatibility assured. Our strict adherence to web standards coupled with best practice construction methods results in future-proof sites that can be read in any compliant web browser.
- Accessibility included. We build in a range of provisions to ensure that web sites are accessible to disabled visitors in recognition of the UK Disability Discrimination Act or US Section 508 requirements.
White label services
DECEMBER14 supplies white label design or build services to other agencies lacking the in-house resources to take on a web project. Working as a visible or invisible partner, we’ll add the capability you need. Similarly, our design-to-code service is a boon to any graphic designer who has designed page layouts for a client, but can’t translate visuals into working sites. Give us the graphics files, and we’ll develop the code to make a usable, accessible web site.
Our web design work
We’ve listed below some examples of previous work carried out by DECEMBER14:
- Thomas Hannah: Messengers-at-Arms and Sheriff Officers (in development).
- Caledonian Learner Driver Training: Nationwide driving school in Scotland.
- Keith W Bell: European supplier quality assurance specialist.
- Argus School of Motoring: Independent driving school in Edinburgh.
- Business Cost Consultants: Utilities purchasing specialists in the UK.
In addition to the examples shown on this page, we have undertaken web projects for the Scottish Legal Services Ombudsman, the Scottish Land Court, the Lands Tribunal for Scotland, the Scottish Advanced Manufacturing Centre, Napier University Edinburgh, the University of Northumbria at Newcastle, and other clients in the UK and overseas.
We have expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, WCAG and other web standards, and we apply it skillfully to craft clear, appealing and content-focused web sites.
If you’d like to get in touch with us about a project, you can email or write to us at the addresses below.DECEMBER14
PO Box 23259
United Kingdom email: studio[at]december14[dot]biz (replace “[at]” with “@” and “[dot]” with “.”)
Job seekers & contractors
We wish you every success in your search for a position in the web business, but note that we are not hiring at the moment. Please do not send unsolicited résumés or applications, or offers of outsourcing or subcontracting services. Thank you.
Visit us again
If you’d like to visit this site again while retaining your preferred style setting, simply bookmark this page (add it to your browser’s “Favourites”):